We had a quite an event this month so far and hopefully many of you were able to attend some of the events, Big Ten Academic Alliance (BTAA) virtual conference
Something to Do
- Speed Mentoring: In this interactive session, we'll talk about the value that anyone can give as a mentor or mentee.
- Mondale Hall Room 15
- February 4th, 3PM-4:30PM
- Big Ten Academic Alliance (BTAA) virtual conference, “Leadership in a Culture of Constant Change”
- Reserve your spot at one of the UMN viewing party locations.
- February 7th, 12PM-3PM.
- Palentines Day Dinner: This event will take place after work on Thursday,
- Time & Location: TBD
- February 13th, aka Palentine's Day
There are many issues that those who identify as women face in the workplace. Have you wanted to discuss any of them but were too nervous to bring it up in front of a larger group? The Women in Technology group is excited to bring you an after-hours event where we can take a deep dive into the topics that YOU want to discuss! This form will help us in setting up the final details so that we can ensure small groups and great conversations.
- WIT Coffee Hour
- D'Amico & Son's at McNamara Alumni Center
- February 26th, 10AM-11AM
Someone to Congratulate
- (If you or a WIT member you know has won an award please email [email protected] so we can share your accomplishment(s) in our next newsletter)
Something to Listen To, Read, or Watch
- Listen: Decision Intelligence and Data Science (with Cassie Kozyrkov)
- Read: Atomic Habits An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones. By: James Clear
- Watch: Ada Lovelace: The Original Woman in Tech : Zoe Philpott | TEDxBucharest
- Watch: The Poetry of Programming | Linda Liukas
Want to Share?
Google Form -- what is it, why is it valuable to you?
Want to join UMN WIT? Let us know!
If you’d like to join any of our committees, have questions or ideas regarding how to get involved, contact [email protected].