The beginning of the semester is upon us! It looks different than nearly every semester we’ve had before, and we’ve all had to be open to change, communicate more, and practice resilience.
We hope that you find yourself in an environment that supports your emotional and mental health while helping you bring innovation and exploration to this new world of work!
Something to Do
- Volunteer to join the UMN WIT Finance Committee! We are seeking someone interested in participating in the financial management of WIT. This person should be interested in helping to set yearly budgets and keeping our accounts balanced. Contact [email protected] for more information and how to get involved.
- Coffee Hour: How We Serve Our Communities. Join other WIT’ers talk about ways we all serve our community and why. When: September 17th 2020 | 10:00AM-11:00AM
- WIT Mentorship Program kickoff 10/1/2020. Apply today! The Women in Technology Mentorship program is accepting applications for the Fall 2020 cohort. Apply to be matched with a mentor, mentee, or both in a three month mentorship program. Contact [email protected] with any questions. Applications are open now till 9/25/2020.
Someone to Congratulate
If you or a WIT member you know has won an award or has an achievement that you would like to highlight please email [email protected] so we can share your accomplishment(s) in our next newsletter
Something to Listen To, Read, or Watch
- Self-enroll in the “Securely Working from Home” course offered by University Information Security (mixed media!)
- Working or learning remotely? Check out the University’s list of services and technologies to support remote work and education!
- This PDF offers a concrete guide to facilitate conversations on topics such as white privilege, police violence, economic inequality, and mass incarceration practices.
Want to Share?
Google Form -- what is it, why is it valuable to you?
Want to join UMN WIT? Let us know!
If you’d like to join any of our committees, have questions or ideas regarding how to get involved, contact [email protected].